Oral hygiene is very much necessary to remove the bacteria in the mouth. If the bacteria are not extracted, they can form plaque that hardens and lead to tooth decay and gum disease. Therefore, regular dental checkups are needed to maintain a healthy and vibrant smile. Together, they keep your mouth healthy and prevent decay, inflammation, infection, and tooth loss.
If you haven’t had a dental checkup or cleaning done in the past six months, then you should visit our office, Roshan Emam DDS in Palo Alto, CA. Dr. Emam and his dedicated team offer several preventive services.
Why Are Dental Checkups Important?
A comprehensive dental checkup is all about prevention. Regular exams with your dentist are a practical approach to maintaining good oral health. Here are a few ways they can be helpful:
- Early detection of any oral problems is necessary for maintaining a healthy mouth.
- Regular dental checkups will help you avoid pain, emergencies, needless expense, and time.
- It keeps your overall general health in good condition.
- It teaches your children good oral hygiene practices that they will carry as they grow older, preventing them from having future dental problems.
What Can You Expect During a Dental Checkup?
We know that most people suffer from extreme fear and anxiety about visiting a dental office. This fear may result from previous bad experiences, dread of dental instruments and needles, or incidents shared by your family and friends.
Thankfully, dentistry has advanced over the years to now being virtually painless. The latest dental technology and sedation options help us provide you with the most comfortable experience possible. We aim to prevent and get rid of dental pain and anxiety.
You can expect a comprehensive exam and consultation with our dentist, Dr. Emam, when you come to our office. The following are a few processes that we will perform:
- Perform a visual exam
- Record a reading of your blood pressure and other vital signs
- Digital X-rays
- Perform an oral cancer screening
- Check for gum disease
- Look for signs of cavities or decay
- Evaluate your existing dental restorations
- Take 3D images of your mouth when necessary
- Watch out for other harmful dental issues
Consultation with the Dentist
As part of your dental checkup, you can schedule a consultation with Dr. Emam. He will discuss all your concerns and accordingly plan the further course of treatment.
The information collected during your exam will help us create the best plan possible for the healthiest smile. We desire to deliver excellent results and will work with you to do just that. Call Roshan Emam DDS in Palo Alto, CA at (650) 321-0340 to schedule an appointment for your dental checkup.